I am starting to bruise easily due to plavix (clopidogrel). What can I do to protect myself?

Dr. Savas Mavridis
Surgery - Thoracic
In brief: Talk to your Doctor
Some people tend to bruise much easier than others.
The medicine is working but the bruising and constant injury that occurs from it will cause over time damage to your skin and soft tissues. You can try and protect your self but it is impossible to avoid all contact. You need to discuss the need for the Plavix (clopidogrel) and if there are any alternatives with your doctor. Aditional blood test are needed.

In brief: Talk to your Doctor
Dr. Savas Mavridis
Dr. Savas Mavridis
Dr. Louis Grenzer
Internal Medicine - Cardiology
In brief: Not much
People on Plavix (clopidogrel) tend to bruise easier. Other than avoiding bumping into things there is not much you can do.
Would you rather have a few bruises or a hart attack or stroke?

In brief: Not much
Dr. Louis Grenzer
Dr. Louis Grenzer
Dr. Marsha Davis