I was diagnosed with afib and put on coumadin (warfarin). How will Coumadin (warfarin) affect my heart?

Prevent clots. The atrial fibrillation can result in clots forming inside the heart. Those clots can break lose, go to the brain, and cause a stroke. The Coumadin (warfarin) tends to prevent the clots from occurring. But it also carries the risk of bleeding especially if the blood gets too thin.
Prevent clots. The atrial fibrillation can result in clots forming in the heart. If one breaks lose and goes to the brain, a stroke can occur. Coumadin (warfarin) tends to prevent clots but could result in the complication of bleeding especially if not carefully controlled.