What does it mean to have a very narrow atrial valve? Is this dangerous?

Dr. Louis Grenzer
Internal Medicine - Cardiology

In brief: Can be dangerous

I think you mean aortic valve, the valve coming off the main artery carrying blood to the body.
If the valve is severely blocked it can cause passing out, chest pain, heart failure, of even sudden death. If the blockage is not severe the problem can be well tolerated.

In brief: Can be dangerous

Dr. Louis Grenzer
Dr. Louis Grenzer
Dr. Jerry Routh

In brief: Maybe

Aortic stenosis is a narrowing of the aortic valve which lets the blood flow out of the heart to the rest of the body.
If the valve is severely narrowed then symptoms of shortness of breath, chest pain, and passing out can occur. If these symptoms are present then the valve will need to be replaced either by open heart surgery or in certain cases percutaneously from the leg.

In brief: Maybe

Dr. Jerry Routh
Dr. Jerry Routh
Dr. Jack Hinkle
Board Certified, Family Medicine