I have neurofibromatosis and feel pain throughout my body, is there anything I can do?

Dr. Gerald Mandell
Nuclear Medicine
In brief: Sometimes pain
Neurofibromatosis causes tissue along the nerves to overgrow.
This growth can put pressure on affected nerves, causing pain, nerve damage, and loss of function in the area served by the nerve. Problems with feeling or movement can occur, depending on which nerves are affected. However the pain is usually localized to one or two areas.Usually not surgery, unless focus extremely small, but medical rx.

In brief: Sometimes pain
Dr. Gerald Mandell
Dr. Gerald Mandell
Dr. Steven Giannotta
Neurosurgery
In brief: Pain Specialist
Total body pain is not usually a symptom of neurofibromatosis, although individual tumors can cause local pain or pain along a specific nerve.
You should ask to be referred to a pain specialist.

In brief: Pain Specialist
Dr. Steven Giannotta
Dr. Steven Giannotta