I feel a shockwave shooting sensation from my head to my toes, what could this be?

Dr. Michael Bolesta
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: Perhaps spinal cord

You may be describing l'hermitte's sign (named for a neurologist).
It is a shock running from the neck into the rest of the body. It can be seen in multiple sclerosis and various spinal cord problems. I suggest you see your doctor.

In brief: Perhaps spinal cord

Dr. Michael Bolesta
Dr. Michael Bolesta
Dr. Richard Simmons
Pediatrics - Neurology

In brief: Possibly Spine

The shocklike sensation you describe is sometimes referred to as lhermitte's sign.
There are a few different neurological problems that can cause this sensation ranging from mechanical injury to the spine to problems with the spinal cord itself. This warrants a neurological evaluation.

In brief: Possibly Spine

Dr. Richard Simmons
Dr. Richard Simmons