Does being overweight have anything to do with having migraines?

Dr. Steven Bender
Dentistry

In brief: Obesity and migraine

In a population based study, bigal and colleagues found that "though migraine prevalence is not associated with body mass index, attack frequency, severity, and clinical features of migraine increase with body mass index group".

In brief: Obesity and migraine

Dr. Steven Bender
Dr. Steven Bender
Dr. Danny Proffitt

In brief: It could?

Obesity and migraines, I am not so cerain.
Very obese and obese persons can have a conditon called pseudotumor cerebrii. This is a condition that causes increased pressure in the brain, a prominence of the optic disc when looking at the back of the eye and a syndrome of headaches. If concerned, see your pcp or a neurologist.

In brief: It could?

Dr. Danny Proffitt
Dr. Danny Proffitt