Every time I go from sitting to standing I get a throbbing pain in a vein in my head, what could be causing this?

Dr. Michio Abe

In brief: Need more info

You may have a type of orthostatic intolerance, possibly associated with a drop in blood pressure upon standing, which can be due to a disorder of autonomic nervous system.
It can be related to the heart, nervous system, low blood volume or medications. After the spinal tap you could get this type of headache too.

In brief: Need more info

Dr. Michio Abe
Dr. Michio Abe
Dr. Vasu Brown
Wound care

In brief: Inflammatory

Could be caused due to inflammation of vessel take orally zeaxanthine, lutein and superoxide dismutase every hour until throbbing stops - might take 24 hours.

In brief: Inflammatory

Dr. Vasu Brown
Dr. Vasu Brown
Dr. Steven Seres