I'm 68 and have been getting migraines for 10 years now but my medication wears off throughout the day, what else can I do?

Dr. Richard Simmons
Pediatrics - Neurology

In brief: What medication

The name of the medication you're taking would be important to help understand how or why it is "wearing off.
" preventative medications for migraine (prophylactic treatment) are varied in their underlying function, so a change in the dose or the type of medication may be necessary.

In brief: What medication

Dr. Richard Simmons
Dr. Richard Simmons
Dr. Christopher Khorsandi
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Botox and Surgery

Long term relief of migraines can be achieved with botox.
If you have a good response, you may be a candidate for surgery. Surgery has been shown to dramatically decrease the frequency and intensity of migraines. www.themigrainereliefcenter.com.

In brief: Botox and Surgery

Dr. Christopher Khorsandi
Dr. Christopher Khorsandi
Dr. Marsha Davis