Usually when I go to sleep my headache goes away but lately it's been persisting until the next morning, is this normal?

Dr. Philip Rosenblum
In brief: No it's not normal.
Migraine headaches, and tension headaches (sometimes considered a form of migraine) can sometimes last for days.
These should probably be treated by a doctor. There are medications which can stop these headaches. A migraine that lasts too long can be dangerous.

In brief: No it's not normal.
Dr. Philip Rosenblum
Dr. Philip Rosenblum
Dr. Brijesh Chandwani
Pain Management
In brief: Tension Headaches
Tension type headaches are one of the most common type of headaches and you might be having these.
They can be stress related or posture related. Try warm compresses on your neck and temples; also try using some caffeine along with the ibuprofen. Call your pcp and talk about it.

In brief: Tension Headaches
Dr. Brijesh Chandwani
Dr. Brijesh Chandwani
Dr. Peter Kurzweil