How can I help my child who has a low white blood cell count?

Dr. Shaym Puppala

In brief: Follow up

The best answer i can give is to be sure to follow up with appointments and blood tests.
There could be a number of reasons for low white blood count, some of them serious and some not, and the best thing one can do is to be sure the child has close follow-up with the pediatrician. If the cause is known to be an immune deficiency, then keeping good hygiene is very important.

In brief: Follow up

Dr. Shaym Puppala
Dr. Shaym Puppala
Pathology

In brief: How low?

Agree with Dr. P.
All laboratory results need to be interpreted in the clinical context and the doctor who ordered the tests is usually in the best position to do that. Talk to the doctor who ordered the tests. Having said that, it would have helped had you provided the actual value.

In brief: How low?

Agree with Dr. P.
Dr. Steven Seres