I keep hearing ringing in my ears. Is this related to my allergies?

Dr. Madhukar Punja
Internal Medicine - Allergy & Immunology
In brief: No
Most cases of ringing in the ears (tinnitus) is not due to allergies.
It is a common condition in older folks. It is usually caused by nerve damage (of the nerve that carries sound). It could be age related, hereditary, or form damage from constant exposure to loud noises (gun fire in the military, loud rock music etc., ) or rarely after some antibiotic use and eustachian tube dysfunction.

In brief: No
Dr. Madhukar Punja
Dr. Madhukar Punja
Dr. Barbara Stark Baxter
In brief: Tinnitus
Possibly, but no probably.
Tinnitus is usually a sign of hearing loss. But sometimes it occurs with allergies causing the ears to be blocked.

In brief: Tinnitus
Possibly, but no probably.
Dr. Barbara Stark Baxter
Dr. Barbara Stark Baxter
Dr. Jack Hinkle
Board Certified, Family Medicine