I'm a singer. I suffer from allergies and sinusitis. How can I deal with my conditions?

Dr. Mike Bowman
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery
In brief: See your ENT
I presume your allergies & sinusitis are affecting your voice.
Vocal issues can arise from a variety of problems including allergies, sinus infections, vocal overuse, abuse (singing too loud or out of range), laryngeal reflux disease, vocal cord polyps, and more. You will need to clarify exactly what your symptoms are and your ent/laryngologist will be able to help you and your voice.

In brief: See your ENT
Dr. Mike Bowman
Dr. Mike Bowman
Dr. Steven Machtinger
Internal Medicine - Allergy & Immunology
In brief: Treat congestion
Singers attuned to their voice are more aware & less tolerant of hoarseness, a symptom of nasal allergy.
Breathing through the mouth, the result of nasal stuffiness, is the cause. The mouth can't warm & moisten the air like nose does so air reaching the vocal cords is colder & dryer. Oral antihistamines do not treat stuffiness. Nasal steroid sprays and antihistamine sprays are most effective.

In brief: Treat congestion
Dr. Steven Machtinger
Dr. Steven Machtinger
Dr. Patrick Melder
If you are a professional singer... Have your local ENT or a specialized ENT ( laryngologist) eval u
Dr. Arnon Rubin