Sometimes my nose is not blocked, but I feel as though there is not enough air to breathe. Am I having an allergic reaction?

Dr. Mike Bowman
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery

In brief: Maybe

These symptoms could be due an allergic reaction, asthma, copd, anxiety attack or another problem. I would recommend you see a doctor or head to the er if your symptoms of shortness of breath get severe.
If it is an allergy, look for the trigger.

In brief: Maybe

Dr. Mike Bowman
Dr. Mike Bowman

In brief: Depends

Need to try and determine the triggers (causes) of your symptoms.
It may be an allergic reaction or possibly some other cause. I would see a Dr.

In brief: Depends

Dr. Jeffrey Bassman
Dr. Jeffrey Bassman
Dr. Madhukar Punja
Internal Medicine - Allergy & Immunology

Even though your nose does not feel fully blocked, there may be partial swelling of the nasal passages impeding free flow of air through the nose.
This could be an indication of chronic allergy causing chronic inflammation of the lining of the nose.

Dr. Madhukar Punja
Dr. Madhukar Punja