What causes burning mouth syndrome? I have been diagnosed with burning mouth syndrome recently. What are the causes of burning mouth syndrome? .

In brief: Somewhat Mysterious

Burning mouth syndrome is sort of an umbrella diagnosis for a chronic burning sensation of the mouth that has no obvious pathological cause such as a fungal infection, vitamin deficiency, drug side effect, etc.
The diagnosis is made after other possible causes are ruled out. Nih has a good site here.. http://www.nidcr.nih.gov/oralhealth/topics/burning/burningmouthsyndrome.htm.

In brief: Somewhat Mysterious

Dr. Dinh Bui
Dentistry

In brief: No known causes

Burning mouth syndrome is a burning sensation in the mouth where no underlying dental or medical cause can be identified and no oral signs are found.
According to this definition, there are no known causes for burning mouth syndrome.

In brief: No known causes

Dr. Randy Nolf
Dentistry - Periodontics

In brief: Difficult condition

I try several approaches, vitamin b complex, oral yeast treatment, in women i ask for physician consult on hormone balance and last oral rinses with steroid mouth rinse.
I find there is a good response to oral yeast treatment and vitamin b complex. One woman i sent for yam skin cream at the health food store. It has a hormone replacement effect. Nothing worked up to that point. Sweet relief.

In brief: Difficult condition

Dr. Vikram Patel