My husband complains that I snore a lot when I sleep. Is this due to allergies?

Dr. David Astrachan
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery
In brief: Maybe a little
Snoring is due to airway obstruction.
Any blockage between the nostrils/lips and the windpipe (trachea) can cause snoring. The most common area of obstruction include the nose, palate, uvula, tonsils and tongue. In as much as snoring has some nasal causes, if your allergies make it harder for you to breath through your nose then they can be related. An ENT doctor will be able to check your airway.

In brief: Maybe a little
Snoring is due to airway obstruction.
Dr. David Astrachan
Dr. David Astrachan
Dr. Paul Carter
Internal Medicine - Allergy & Immunology
In brief: Consider sleep study
A sleep study will help define the problem. You should see your doctor for advice about treatment and a possible sleep test.

In brief: Consider sleep study
Dr. Paul Carter
Dr. Paul Carter
Dr. Giana Nicoara
In brief: Possilbly
Allergies which are not controlled could cause you to snore, but so could sleep apnea which is a more severe condition.
I suggest you get evaluated by an allergist to sort this out.

In brief: Possilbly
Dr. Giana Nicoara
Dr. Giana Nicoara
Dr. Patrick Melder
Allergy evaluation is good... sleep apnea is more serious.. I would have that checked first.
Dr. Jack Hinkle
Board Certified, Family Medicine