I get nose bleeds frequently. Is this due to allergies?

Dr. Michael P Vaughn
Internal Medicine - Allergy & Immunology
In brief: Possibly
Frequent nose bleeding is also common among persons with sinusitis.
See your doctor for a nasal exam. Some allergy medications , especially nasal steroids, can lead to nose bleeding however, it has been my personal experience that if i treat nasal allergies with nasal steroids and nose bleeding occurs, I have likely failed to diagnose a low grade sinus infection that frequently co-exists w/ allerg.

In brief: Possibly
Dr. Michael P Vaughn
Dr. Michael P Vaughn
Dr. David Wyatt
In brief: Dryness
Dryness of the inside of the nose can cause bleeding as well-- especially in winter. If infection is not there - treatment is humidification, steam therapy.

In brief: Dryness
Dr. David Wyatt
Dr. David Wyatt
Dr. Jason Black
In brief: Possibly
In addition to dryness of the mucous membranes, nosebleeds can also be a sign of problems with the body's ability to clot.
If nosebleeds persist, it's best to have some blood work done to check for this.

In brief: Possibly
Dr. Jason Black
Dr. Jason Black
Dr. Marsha Davis