When I was kneeling down, yellow watery liquid came out of my nose. Is this due to allergies?

Dr. Barbara Stark Baxter
Internal Medicine - Allergy & Immunology
In brief: Yellow mucus
Most often, yellow mucus is a sign of infection and clear mucus signals allergy.
There are always exceptions to rules, so sometimes clear mucus is present in colds, and very yellow mucus is full of eosinophils, or allergy-related white cells.

In brief: Yellow mucus
Dr. Barbara Stark Baxter
Dr. Barbara Stark Baxter
Dr. Michael P Vaughn
In brief: Unlikely
Nasal drainage caused by allergies is typically crystal clear (like water).
Colored nasal drainage is more likely to be indicative of an infection. Unfortunately, many healthcare providers fail to recognize that clear discharge is not a reliable indicator that a person is not infected. Many bacterial sinusitis episodes are missed as a result of this issue.

In brief: Unlikely
Dr. Michael P Vaughn
Dr. Michael P Vaughn
Dr. Jack Hinkle
Board Certified, Family Medicine