I have chronic post nasal drip, which often causes gagging. What can I do?

Dr. Daniel Reinharth
In brief: General advice
Drinking more fluids can dilute the mucus and make it less irritating.
Nasal saline every 2 hours has a similar effect, and also flushes the mucus. Prescription nasal steroids often help, by reducing the inflammation which produces mucus. Keep in mind that in some people what feels like a postnasal drip is really acid reflux.

In brief: General advice
Dr. Daniel Reinharth
Dr. Daniel Reinharth
Dr. Jack Mutnick
Internal Medicine - Allergy & Immunology
In brief: Nasal Drainage
Have you tried a salt water wash kit? If not, give it a try twice daily.
Adding an antihistamine once to twice per day can help. If no relief, get in to see an allergist for testing to see what you are allergic to and to come up with a better plan of action to get your nose under control.

In brief: Nasal Drainage
Dr. Jack Mutnick
Dr. Jack Mutnick
Dr. Steven Seres