I had allergy tests, which showed a mild reaction to molds and fungi. What can I do to protect myself in the future?

Dr. Steven Machtinger
Internal Medicine - Allergy & Immunology

In brief: Dry out

You may have increased mold in your home if there are leaks or increased moisture.
Look for wetness around windows, under sinks and refrigerators. Look for water stains on ceilings and walls. Look for mold on shower curtains or doors, & in the grout between bathroom tiles. Repair leaks, replace shower curtains, treat visible mold with bleach, consider a hepa air purifier.

In brief: Dry out

Dr. Steven Machtinger
Dr. Steven Machtinger
Dr. Jalal Zuberi
There are professional inspectors and companies that can help wiht mold removal if the problem is severe, causing health and or needs documentation.
Dr. Brian Novick

In brief: Usually easy to do

First a "mild" test result doesn't necessarily mean allergy.
. But either way keep your bathroom clean. And basement dry(if you have one) and in warm weather you may need a dehumidifier. Discuss further with allergist.

In brief: Usually easy to do

Dr. Brian Novick
Dr. Brian Novick
Dr. Steven Machtinger
All excellent points.
Dr. Andrea Brand
Board Certified, Family Medicine