I'm addicted to lortab and Ambien (zolpidem) but I know my family wouldn't support me if I told them, what do I do?

Brittany Chan
In brief: Seek help & support.
The first step to recovery is admitting your addiction; it's great that you recognize it.
Many have been in your shoes. It may help to join narcotics anonymous & connect w/ others who have gone through similar experiences. But addiction can affect the entire family & support from loved ones is crucial in recovery. Consider talking to them or asking a professional to help facilitate communication.

In brief: Seek help & support.
Brittany Chan
Brittany Chan
Answer assisted by Brittany Chan, Medical Student
Dr. Jerald Ratner
In brief: Be honest
There are many treatment modalities in the psychiatric field to help treat your addictions.

In brief: Be honest
Dr. Jerald Ratner
Dr. Jerald Ratner
Dr. Jack Hinkle
Board Certified, Family Medicine