I'm 60 hours clean and have taken tramadol in low doses for 3 days to make it through, should I taper the trams?

Dr. Karl Spector
Addiction Medicine
In brief: YES!
Because tramadol is an opiate-like substance, many people are using it to try and taper themselves off the "hard" opiates.
I believe this is a mistake as I have plenty of tramadol(ultram) addicts in my practice. It can be highly addictive itself so, in reality, you are just prolonging the withdrawal. Stopping the tramadol can be just as hard as full opiates. I rec you contact a drug clinic asap.

In brief: YES!
Dr. Karl Spector
Dr. Karl Spector
Dr. Randall Bock
General Practice
When you say "60 hours clean", you mean that you have stopped some different narcotic, but remember ultram (tramadol) is a narcotic, itself.
It is a synthetic narcotic, but the fact that it is not from the same plant as heroin and morphine, does not mean that it is not a genuine centrally acting narcotic. (as example: polyester is as much a fabric of cotton, even though it is synthetic).

Dr. Randall Bock
Dr. Randall Bock
Dr. Andrea Brand
Board Certified, Family Medicine