What is the length of time expected for withdrawal from suboxone?

Dr. Byron Law-Yone

In brief: Varies

Because of a long half life of 36 hours withdrawal lasts longer than withdrawal from a full opioid agonist like heroin or hydrocodone.
Most patients feel the symptoms for 7 to 14 days after stopping the drug. Keep in mind that some withdrawal symptoms can start as you begin tapering off the medication.

In brief: Varies

Dr. Byron Law-Yone
Dr. Byron Law-Yone
Dr. Randall Bock
General Practice

In brief: If abrupt: days, but

I do a gentle tapering from suboxone over a period of approximately 3.
5 months; use the analogy of "landing an airplane": you can go down faster, but expect more turbulence and more stress. When people go to prison and have to stop abruptly, they can, and have symptoms over a period of days. Nobody "wants to feel sick" when detoxing, but detox involves having some discomfort to get back sobriety.

In brief: If abrupt: days, but

Dr. Randall Bock
Dr. Randall Bock