I live with a poverty mentality yet don't mind gladly playing the slots, what's wrong with me?

Dr. Alan Wartenberg
Addiction Medicine
In brief: Gambling dependency
People get into gambling, whether live or online, and get "hooked" on it, much like getting hooked on alcohol or drugs.
There is denial of the problem often, and unwillingness to seek help. It sometimes indicates other deep-seated emotional issues, but not always. See your doctor or mental health professional. Gamblers anonymous (ga) can be found in your phone book. Get help.

In brief: Gambling dependency
Dr. Alan Wartenberg
Dr. Alan Wartenberg
David Miller
In brief: Gambling addiction?
You might have a gambling addiction.
It might be useful for you to find a gambler's anonymous or celebrate recovery group and explore this further.

In brief: Gambling addiction?
You might have a gambling addiction.
David Miller
David Miller
Answer assisted by David Miller, Medical Student
Dr. Eric Weisman