I'm taking methadone and Xanax (alprazolam) to get off tabs and have epilepsy and had a seizure this morning, is that because I didn't take xanax (alprazolam)?

Dr. Einar Ottestad
Pain Management
In brief: Maybe
First of all Methadone and Xanax (alprazolam) is not a great combination.
People rarely accidentally overdose on either Methadone or xanax (alprazolam). However the combo is much more dangerous. The seizure could just be a seizure or it could be due to rapid Xanax (alprazolam) wean.

In brief: Maybe
Dr. Einar Ottestad
Dr. Einar Ottestad
Dr. Joseph Hermann
In brief: Possibly
I hope you are seeing an addiction specialist.
Coming off of drugs can be difficult and potentially dangerous as i'm sure you already know. Please get help from someone qualified.

In brief: Possibly
Dr. Joseph Hermann
Dr. Joseph Hermann
Dr. Keegan Duchicela
Board Certified, Family Medicine