Is it okay to tell my dad i'm mad at him or am I supposed to be gentle & loving when I see him at rehab?

Dr. Stuart Wasser
Addiction Medicine

In brief: Depends

If your motivation to share your feelings is to initiate a healing process, they may be best expressed in an environment where your father has support.
Nevertheless, its his therapist who should be the final arbiter on exactly what gets said.

In brief: Depends

Dr. Stuart Wasser
Dr. Stuart Wasser
Dr. Kenneth Cheng

In brief: It's about your dad

It is ok to be angry and upset when a loved one is in rehab; these are normal feelings.
However, the "feelings" and "opinions" of family and friends are not as important right now. The focus should be on the one in rehab. Best to be as supportive as possible now and express your feelings at another time, when it may be more appropriate.

In brief: It's about your dad

Dr. Kenneth Cheng
Dr. Kenneth Cheng
Dr. Keegan Duchicela
Board Certified, Family Medicine