I'm 48 hours clean from percocet and taking tramadol 3x/day will I be able to taper tramadol down later?

Dr. Karl Spector
Addiction Medicine
In brief: Doubtful!
Despite what people (or even some doctors!) may tell you, tramadol is an opiate-like drug.
Think of it like a very low-dose percocet. So, by switching, you are just prolonging the detox and are not really "clean" at all. Probably why you don't feel horrible right now. Once you stop the tramadol, you'll see. That's when the true withdrawal will hit you. I rec you contact a drug clinic asap.

In brief: Doubtful!
Dr. Karl Spector
Dr. Karl Spector
Dr. Johnnie Strickland Jr
My experience which i will admit is limited is that tramadol is really not anywhere near as big a problem as narcotics for withdrawal so i would expect withdrawal from this medication to be very easy.

Dr. Johnnie Strickland Jr
Dr. Johnnie Strickland Jr
Dr. Jack Hinkle
Board Certified, Family Medicine