Prescribed pain meds for migraines, are these safe to take during pregnancy?

Dr. Kenneth Cheng

In brief: Need more info.

Medications all have a rating on how safe or unsafe it is to take during pregnancy.
Without a specific name of the medication(s), it will be impossible to tell if it is safe or not.

In brief: Need more info.

Dr. Kenneth Cheng
Dr. Kenneth Cheng
Dr. Erin Robertson
General Practice

In brief: Who prescribed them?

If your FP/OB prescribed them, I would venture a guess that the meds are safe.
If a Neurologist prescribed them, I would similarly presume s/he researched the drug's teratogen class. Safety for the baby is dependent on timing in embryogenesis/fetal development, drug type, and whether it can cross over the placental barrier to access fetal blood. PDR will give Class; know info is of limited value.

In brief: Who prescribed them?

Dr. Erin Robertson
Dr. Erin Robertson
Dr. William Goldie
Pediatrics - Neurology

In brief: Be cautious

Excessive use of medications can be dangerous to the fetus.
However, severe distress due to migraines can also be dangerous. Appropriate and judicious use of medications will help you maintain healthy function. Most important is healthy life style and positive attitude.

In brief: Be cautious

Dr. William Goldie
Dr. William Goldie
Dr. Andrea Brand
Board Certified, Family Medicine