What should I do if I need to take pain pills after a painful tooth operation but am 2 months clean?

Advil and tylenol (acetaminophen) Take 3 advil and 2 tylenol (acetaminophen) every 6 hours. Studies show this combo is as effective as narcotic pain meds.
Discuss Addiction .. Discomfort after a tooth extraction can last for some time, depending on the severity of the situation & the difficulty of the extraction. Depending on your health history, aleve, advil, Motrin or for more holistic patients arnica can help reduce swelling & pain. Tylenol (acetaminophen) can be used instead of narcotics, to help with symptoms. Call your dentist for help and explain that you have addiction issues.
Alternatives. Talk candidly with your dentist about your concern and ask if other options are available. There often are many ways to reduce pain, both non-narcotic medicines and non-medicine, that he or she can discuss with you.