I've been on methadone for 7 years- 3 with no other illicit drugs- when should I move on?

Dr. Albert Pizzo
In brief: Addiction
This is a complex problem that needs to be discussed with your doctors and rehab specialists.

In brief: Addiction
Dr. Albert Pizzo
Dr. Albert Pizzo
Dr. Einar Ottestad
Pain Management
In brief: Depwnds
If for substance abuse/addiction it depends on current status.
If one is still closely associated with friends/family who use it might be better to stay on methadone. If one has moved on, new friends, active in na, good support network, stable life, then it might be time for a trial of a slow taper. If cravings return i would advice staying on it a bit longer.

In brief: Depwnds
Dr. Einar Ottestad
Dr. Einar Ottestad
Dr. Jack Hinkle
Board Certified, Family Medicine