Can physical therapy cure sciatica? Is it possible to get rid of my sciatica with physical therapy? .

Dr. Qamar Khan
Pain Management

In brief: Cure, Unlikely...

Sciatica can be managed effectively and can be relieved in a vast majority of people, but it will always require diligence on your part for nsaids, exercise, stretching and weight control/loss.
For those still having issues it may require treatments (injections, surgery, etc) to maintain relief as well.

In brief: Cure, Unlikely...

Dr. Qamar Khan
Dr. Qamar Khan
Dr. James Goodrich
Neurosurgery

In brief: Sciatica

Physical therapy is commonly used to help with sciatica and often with good results.

In brief: Sciatica

Dr. James Goodrich
Dr. James Goodrich
Dr. Lon Alexander
Neurosurgery

In brief: It is possible

Sciatica comes from pressure on the sciatic nerve.
The answer to your question really depends on where the pressure is coming from, but in my practice I have seen hundreds of patients relieved from the pain of sciatica after undergoing physical therapy. I have seen physical therapy cure sciatica totally. Physical therapy is almost always an excellent first alternative to surgery.

In brief: It is possible

Dr. Lon Alexander
Dr. Lon Alexander
Dr. Eric Weisman