What's the best way to confront someone with a drinking problem?

Dr. Jeff Blixt
Addiction Medicine

In brief: Be honest

Be honest about your concerns, let that person know how you think their drinking has affected them and you.
Try not to blame and make statements like "you make me feel bad".Instead say " i feel sad or hurt when this or that happens because of your drinking. Go to an alanon meeting for yourself for support as well. Be honest sincere and then the ball is in their court. Set boundries if needed.

In brief: Be honest

Dr. Jeff Blixt
Dr. Jeff Blixt
Dr. Alan Wartenberg
Addiction Medicine

In brief: There isn't

Some people watch one episode of intervention and think they can do this.
Actually, such interventions are done by trained professionals, and only some patients really require this. If it is a loved one or close friend, consider going to alanon to learn more about the effects of alcoholism on loved ones, and what you can do to help yourself not enable the drinker, and take care of yourself.

In brief: There isn't

Dr. Alan Wartenberg
Dr. Alan Wartenberg