How can I help my mom overcome her gambling addiction

Dr. Adam Front
Clinical Psychology

In brief: Gambling addiction

You cannot make her stop, but you can get help through gamanon, the companion group to gamblers anonymous.
In the same way that al-anon helps family members of an alcoholic, whether or not the alcoholic is in aa, gamanon can help you whether your mother goes to ga or not.

In brief: Gambling addiction

Dr. Adam Front
Dr. Adam Front
Dr. Kevin Passer
Pediatrics - Psychiatry

In brief: Alanon

You should find an alonon meeting in your area and attend regularly.
By attending, you will learn that there is really not that much you can do to control your mom. While it is very sad about your mom, you need to focus on taking care of yourself. You can support your mom only if she wants the help. .A good book for you to read is called: codependency no more by melody beattie. Good luck.

In brief: Alanon

Dr. Kevin Passer
Dr. Kevin Passer
Dr. George Valdez

Yes but usually need professional help.
I would work with a gambling addiction specialist on how you can help her best.

Yes but usually need professional help.
Dr. George Valdez
Dr. George Valdez
Dr. Andrea Brand
Board Certified, Family Medicine