Can you do a rapid detox under anesthesia?

Dr. David Edsall
Anesthesiology
In brief: Not rapid
Detox-removing the addictive drug-under anesthesia takes 24-72 hours and so is very expensive.
Rapid "detox" with Narcan (naloxone) or similar drugs is just reversing some of the side effects of narcotics and causes many other side effects. Drug is still there.Sometimes it is necessary to use Narcan (naloxone) to partially revers to keep the patient breathing. Slow reduction of the addictive medication is better.

In brief: Not rapid
Dr. David Edsall
Dr. David Edsall
In brief: Hmmmm....
I've seen it on television dramas but I've never seen or heard it being performed in my area.
Quite possible, but I think it could also be potentially quite dangerous.

In brief: Hmmmm....
Dr. Elizabeth Wallen
Dr. Elizabeth Wallen
Dr. Jeff Blixt
Addiction Medicine
In brief: You could
I assume you are talking about from opiates of some kind.
Very controversial and not recommended by any major addiction society. Also very expensive, with that kind of money in patient rehab would be a much better bet, there are also other meds that can help, even an outpatient detox then using Naltrexone can be done. So you could but i don't recommend it.

In brief: You could
Dr. Jeff Blixt
Dr. Jeff Blixt
Dr. Edwin Perez
Pain Management
In brief: Possible
Yes, however detox is way more psychological than physical ultimately.
If life circumstances are not altered, the detox wont't last. Hence why some people think rapid detox is slightly unethical.

In brief: Possible
Dr. Edwin Perez
Dr. Edwin Perez
Dr. Ricardo Borrego
Anesthesiology
Rapid detox under anesthesia can be done in the right hands.
The biggest challenges are dealing with the post procedural withdrawal symptoms. This is an effective treatment. The clarity program is an ioot(intense outpatient opiod treatment) which has had great success. It is done at the eagle advancement institute in farmington, mi. This program has over an 80% success rate and follow up program.

Dr. Ricardo Borrego
Dr. Ricardo Borrego
Dr. Richard Pollard
Anesthesiology
In brief: Not really
Despite some tv shows showing that it is possible, it is very expensive and can take up to 72 hours.
The actual practice is not approved by most people.

In brief: Not really
Dr. Richard Pollard
Dr. Richard Pollard