I feel like I need alcohol, but I want to quit, what do I do?

In brief: Alcohol

Most people who crave and can not stop drinking alcohol require some type of outside help to stop.
Talk to your doctor whether you need to go to an alcohol treatment center. Some people can stop on their own, but long term sobriety rarely occurs unless one attends a 12 step program or has other people to support them when cravings occur. This is not a disease caused by a lack of willpower.

In brief: Alcohol

Dr. Howard Usitalo
Dr. Howard Usitalo
Dr. Maritza Baez

In brief: See your doctor

Call your doctor. He/she can give you medications to help withdrawal symptoms.
Do things to take your mind off alcohol. Drink at least 5 cups of water each day. Tell your family and friends that you are quitting, so they can support you and so they don't try to give you alcohol either.

In brief: See your doctor

Dr. Maritza Baez
Dr. Maritza Baez