I used to consider myself a social drinker but find myself drinking more and more- when am I an alcoholic?

Brian Fishman
Emergency Medicine
In brief: CAGE Questionnaire
Ask yourself these questions: 1) do you feel the need to cut back on your drinking? 2) are you annoyed when others ask you to stop? 3) do you feel guilty about drinking? 4) do you need an "eye-opener" drink in the morning to get going? More than one 'yes' response to any of these questions raises suspicion of alcohol abuse.

In brief: CAGE Questionnaire
Brian Fishman
Brian Fishman
Answer assisted by Brian Fishman, Medical Student
Dr. Susan Uhrich
In brief: If you ask
You are asking, so why not see a psychiatrist who works with addiction to help you get the answer?

In brief: If you ask
Dr. Susan Uhrich
Dr. Susan Uhrich
Dr. Keegan Duchicela
Board Certified, Family Medicine