How can I help my husband stop his addictive behavior?

Dr. Horacio Capote
In brief: Communicate openly
Ultimately, he has to realize that there is a problem & be willing to put in the hard work.
Linking him up with an outpatient addiction clinic will be a good first step. You may want to attend alanon or naranon & see how other loved ones of people with addictions have coped with their situation. Good luck.

In brief: Communicate openly
Dr. Horacio Capote
Dr. Horacio Capote
Dr. Alan Wartenberg
Addiction Medicine
In brief: You can't
Only he can help himself, but there are things you can do that first of all help yourself (and others in your family), and may ultimately help him. Family members often "enable" drinking, allowing the person to get away with behaviors that are unacceptable.
See a family therapist with your husband if he accepts, without him if he doesnt. Find a good alanon meeting in your area. Talk 2 ur doctor.

In brief: You can't
Dr. Alan Wartenberg
Dr. Alan Wartenberg
Dr. Jack Hinkle
Board Certified, Family Medicine