What can I do to treat my dark upper lip hair?

In brief: Many options

Some people may use a topical bleaching agent to lighten the hair. Various hair removal methods may be your best options to completely rid yourself of this.
Seeing a dermatologist will help you determine what is the cause and what treatment may be best for you.

In brief: Many options

Dr. Donald Shenenberger
Dr. Donald Shenenberger
Dr. M. Christine Lee
Dermatology

In brief: Laser hair removal

Laser hair removal is a safe and effective way to remove unwanted hair. It's especially effective on darker coarse hairs.
It will require several treatments and occasional maintenance treatments to stay relatively hair free. Vaniqa is a cream which also helps to reduce hairs but it's not permanent--the hairs grow back after you stop using it.

In brief: Laser hair removal

Dr. M. Christine Lee
Dr. M. Christine Lee
Dr. Keegan Duchicela
Board Certified, Family Medicine