Which drugs are typically used to reduce withdrawal symptoms during alcohol detox?

Dr. Pedro Hernandez
Internal Medicine - Geriatrics

In brief: Librium

Benzodiazepines like Librium but in the setting of a rehab center while hospitalized.
I suspect other benzodiazepine may do the trick. Ask a physician dedicated to alcohol, and drugs rehab.

In brief: Librium

Dr. Pedro Hernandez
Dr. Pedro Hernandez
Dr. Michael DePietro
Internal Medicine - Pulmonary Critical Care

In brief: Benzodiazepines

Benzodiazepines or drugs in the class of valium or Librium .
All drugs in this class are useful to some degree in treating alcohol withdrawal. They each have pros and cons based on differences how they are metabolized by the body. Another class of drugs that is helpful sometimes would be beta blockers which can help control heart rate and bp. Detox needs medical supervision.

In brief: Benzodiazepines

Dr. Michael DePietro
Dr. Michael DePietro