Is there something I can take that will help prevent seizures while trying to stop drinking?

Benzodiazepines. For many years there has been concern about withdrawal seizures in patients that abuse alcohol. The classic treatment has always been a benzodiazepine. Many forms are available including klonopin, (clonazepam) ativan, valium, etc. You can discuss this with your physician. These can be used for a period of time during withdrawal, then gradually weaned off over time.
Alcohol withdrawal. It is dangerous to suddenly stop drinking on your own. You need professional help to keep you safe from dts and seizures that could be life threatening. Get help!