Does Xanax work for alcohol withdrawal symptoms?

answered:

Not a good idea

Alcohol
While Xanax could help with some symptoms, it is never used this way in a medical setting. Xanax is short acting and one of the most addictive benzodiazipines. It itself has the highest risk of seizures if withdrawaling from it. Since not doctor who is familar with treating alcohol withdrawal would use it, I suspect you are trying to withdrawal yourself. Don't do it find a qualified physician
Sign Up

Get personalized answers from doctors!

Alcohol Xanax Alprazolam Withdrawal Withdrawal symptoms Seizure Alcohol withdrawal syndrome

Not good idea

Xanax
yeah, but then how do you get off the xanax, whose withdrawal is actually far worse than alcohol? If you are having recurrent withdrawal symptoms, even mild ones, it tells me you have a moderately severe alcohol problem, which you are looking to treat by yourself. You are the one who got yourself into this to begin with, you are not likely the one who will get you out. Get help. Talk 2 ur doctor.
Sign Up

Get personalized answers from doctors!

Alcohol Alprazolam Withdrawal Withdrawal symptoms Xanax Alcohol withdrawal syndrome