Can wellbutrin (bupropion) cause seizures during alcohol withdrawal?

Quite possibly... Welbutrin lowers the seizure threshold, so does alcohol withdrawal. So doing both at the same time will increase the risk of having a seizure. Please consult your medical provider.
See below. While wellbutrin (bupropion) may slightly increase a risk of seizures, its contribution to the risk of seizures pales compared to contribution from the alcohol withdrawal. Medical care during this time is essential.
Yes, but? Wellbutrin (bupropion) can cause seizures, itself. Alcohol withdrawal can cause seizures withing itself. The combination of the two certainly would be a set up for a seizure. I wold be very careful with this medication and going through a withdrawal episode. You doctor may have you on the medication for a very specific reason and you should discuss this medicaiton and it's side effects carefully.
Yes, potentially. Most doctors know how to start buproprion, the active medicine in wellbutrin (bupropion) (and zyban), which is to start at 75 mg a day and increase up to 300 mg per day over the course of a week or so. If started like that, seizures are extremely rare. Most seizures occur in people started too quick too fast, and in those on doses over 450 mg. If someone is seizure prone, that is another story.