Will clonidine and sertraline help me with Suboxone withdrawal?

Dr. Allen Fein

In brief: Clonodine will

Clonodine does help someone cope with the symptoms of opioid withdrawal.
I usually add this medication into the titration initial hours when the patient has alot of GI symptoms of withdrawal. I generally recommend taking suboxone and not just going off opioids due to the very high rate of relapse.

In brief: Clonodine will

Dr. Allen Fein
Dr. Allen Fein
Dr. Kevin Passer
Pediatrics - Psychiatry

In brief: It depends

Clonidine can help with certain aspects of opiate withdrawal, such as feeling shaky, but may not help as much with other withdrawal symptoms like diarrhea and aches and pains.
Sertraline, may help with some depression associated with coming off opiates. Overall, one is always better off seeing a physician who is familiar with opiate withdrawal and how to best manage all of the symptoms.

In brief: It depends

Dr. Kevin Passer
Dr. Kevin Passer