What can I expect with Suboxone withdrawal and seasonal depression?

Dr. Donald Hazlett
In brief: It's unpredictable.
My thinking is that they are two separate problems and have to be treated as such.
The withdrawal from suboxone when you are more vulnerable to depression ( when your sad tends to flare up ), may make it more likely you will become clinically depressed so it would be wise to take extra precautions if doing so. Withdrawing form suboxone in itself can lead to depression.

In brief: It's unpredictable.
Dr. Donald Hazlett
Dr. Donald Hazlett
Dr. Michael Fisher
Dermatology
In brief: SAD Therapy
Treatment for seasonal affective disorder may include light therapy, medications and psychotherapy.
If you have bipolar disorder, your doctor will be careful when prescribing light therapy or an antidepressant. Both treatments can potentially trigger a manic episode.

In brief: SAD Therapy
Dr. Michael Fisher
Dr. Michael Fisher
Dr. Carla Enriquez
In brief: Opioid withdrawal
Anxiety and mood difficulties are the primary symptoms of chronic opioid withdrawal.
Therefore discontinuation of suboxone must be gradual and directed by a skilled physician. Majority of opioid dependent patients have a neuropsychiatric comorbidity, depression being amongst the most common. All comorbidities need to be addressed to help any single one.

In brief: Opioid withdrawal
Dr. Carla Enriquez
Dr. Carla Enriquez
Dr. Vikram Patel