Is it okay to take Adderall (dextroamphetamine and racemic amphetamine) if i'm already taking suboxone?

Dr. Jeff Blixt
Addiction Medicine

In brief: Possibly

With a certain diagnosis of adhd, and no abuse history of adderall, (dextroamphetamine and racemic amphetamine) it may be ok with suboxone.
Untreated adhd may increase risk of drug addiction. But it must be closely monitored. If there are any alterior motives however it's a bad idea.

In brief: Possibly

Dr. Jeff Blixt
Dr. Jeff Blixt
Dr. Kevin Passer
Pediatrics - Psychiatry

In brief: I discourage it

There's a growing trend to treat adults with Adderall (dextroamphetamine and racemic amphetamine) and other stimulants for adhd.
Many folks who come in to see me complaining of adhd and requesting stimulant medication, in fact, do not have adhd. Adderall (dextroamphetamine and racemic amphetamine) can be addicting, a problem opiate addicts really don't need. You must have had problems before the age of seven in school with your behavior or attention or grades to have adhd..

In brief: I discourage it

Dr. Kevin Passer
Dr. Kevin Passer
Dr. Keegan Duchicela
Board Certified, Family Medicine