Im 14 weeks pregnant and am a recovering addict. I am on subutex, will it affect my baby?

Dr. Adam Newman

In brief: Yes it can

I applaud you for facing your addiction and getting help.
But babies can still have withdrawal from subutex after delivery. If you can, breastfeeding your baby will minimize those symptoms. Also, talk to your addiction doc about tapering your subutex dose as low as possible before delivery. Good luck and stay clean!

In brief: Yes it can

Dr. Adam Newman
Dr. Adam Newman
Dr. Vasu Brown
Wound care

In brief: Safer on subutex

It is safer for the baby to be on subutex than come with withdrawal symptoms due to mothers addiction.
It is also easier to taper baby off after delivery from subutex so you are doing very good by being clean and watching out for you babies health - great job.

In brief: Safer on subutex

Dr. Vasu Brown
Dr. Vasu Brown
Dr. Keegan Duchicela
Board Certified, Family Medicine