Can you take vicodin and subutex?

Dr. Clarence Lyons

In brief: I would not

I wound not take Vicodin and Subutex together. Subutex is designed to help get off of an addiction ot opiates and Vicodin is an opiate.

In brief: I would not

Dr. Clarence Lyons
Dr. Clarence Lyons
Agree, rather bad combination here.
Dr. Danny Proffitt

In brief: No

I am assuming you mean together? Definitely no.
Subutex can precipitate withdrawal from narcotics. Not recommended and contraindicated.

In brief: No

Dr. Danny Proffitt
Dr. Danny Proffitt
Dr. Diane Minich

In brief: No

Should not take Vicodin.

In brief: No

Should not take Vicodin.
Dr. Diane Minich
Dr. Diane Minich
RATHER BAD COMBINATION WHICH CAN ANTAGONIZE, AND DEVELOP BAD INTERACTIONS.
Dr. Brian Lynch

In brief: Subutex

No you cannot. Subutex blocks the receptors for all other opiates.
I don't want to presume why your asking this question. If you're in treatment for opiate addiction you should not be around other opiates. If you're having pain management problems you need to get help. Now once on subutex and you take another opiate you probably will not have an adverse reaction , probably -but also no effect.

In brief: Subutex

Dr. Brian Lynch
Dr. Brian Lynch
Dr. Alan Wartenberg
Addiction Medicine

In brief: No

Subutex is used to help people stop medicines like vicodin (hydrocodone).
Buprenorphine, the medicine in subutex, also will block the effects of other opiates like vicodin. If you use both, you are totally defeating the purpose. In some cases, a doctor may prescribe vicodin etc. In a person on subutex who is having dental surgery, but only when they are on low doses of subutex. Talk to your doc.

In brief: No

Dr. Alan Wartenberg
Dr. Alan Wartenberg