Can you shoot suboxone?

answered:

Not recommended

Doctors
What do you really think a doctors answer to this would be? I mean really. It's not at all recommended and it would not be a pleasant experience. I'll leave it at that. Please if serious get some help. I get that is what people with addictions can and have done, but you dont have too, there is a solution. Talk to someone.
Sign Up

Get personalized answers from doctors!

Addiction Suboxone Drug addiction

answered:

Bad shot. DON'T TRY

Naloxone
Because Suboxone has two ingredients, Buprenorphine, and Naloxone, injecting Suboxone will probably make you ill, by triggering a severe and sudden withdrawal reaction, for which there will be little treatment. Any hope of getting high by the way, is simply not going to be realized, again because of the ingredient Naloxone. It is not at all unusual for my patients to try to use meds dangerously!
Sign Up

Get personalized answers from doctors!

Suboxone Buprenorphine Naloxone Withdrawal Drug addiction

Won't work anyway

Drug_addiction
Naloxone is incorporated into Suboxone to prevent that precise occurrence. Sebutex is buprenorphine without naloxone, and is sought after by drug seeking addicts, which is why we won't usually prescribe Sebutex. I hope you're asking to gain insight into a loved one's problems. If so, please see Al-anon for support. See <http://www.al-anon.alateen.org/>
Sign Up

Get personalized answers from doctors!

Suboxone Prevention Buprenex Narcan Buprenorphine Naloxone Drug addiction

answered:

Seriously?

Drug_addiction
You can grind up just about anything and inject it in your veins, that doesn't mean it's a good idea. In the 70s, believe it or not, some folks would try and shoot up peanut butter. If you actually expect we physicians here on Healthtap will say: "Sure, go ahead and shoot Suboxone and have a good time," it just ain't gonna happen. Untreated, drug addicts either end up in jail or the cemetery.
Sign Up

Get personalized answers from doctors!

Peanut butter Suboxone Veins Drug addiction

answered:

Really?

Drug_addiction
You can inject anything u want, but it's potentially very dangerous to do so, and best not done. If you have a IV drug addiction please seek help from the nearest addiction treatment facility ASAP
Sign Up

Get personalized answers from doctors!

Addiction Drug addiction Suboxone Substance abuse

answered:

Wouldn't advise it!

Drug_addiction
Suboxone is a combination of buprenorphine and naltrexone. The naltrexone does not get into your system if you take the medication as directed (under your tongue). If, however, you try to snort/sniff or inject(shoot) it, the naltrexone acts as a blocker and puts you in IMMEDIATE WITHDRAWAL! And then there's nothing you can do to reverse it---2-3 days of complete misery!!! JUST DON'T DO IT!
Sign Up

Get personalized answers from doctors!

Buprenex Buprenorphine Depade Naltrexone Revia Suboxone Tongue Withdrawal Drug addiction