Should I limit my fluid intake before delivery?

In brief: No
Good hydration is important throughout and before pregnancy.
A healthy person manages fluid intake by controlling fluid output through the kidneys. Though there are conditions that can interfere with this, most people can do with a wide range of fluid inputs. Dehydration, in general, is bad.

In brief: No
Dr. Nicholas Fogelson
Dr. Nicholas Fogelson
Dr. Megan Bird
In brief: No
Labor is hard work and can be very dehydrating.
You should keep up with drinking water or dilute juices before and during early labor. This will give you enough energy to enjoy your baby after delivery. If you are planning to have a cesarean, your doctor may want you to not drink for 6-8 hours prior to your surgery. Don't worry! we will give you fluids through your IV to keep you hydrated.

In brief: No
Dr. Megan Bird
Dr. Megan Bird
Dr. Jane Van Dis