Does methadone cause sexual problems?

Dr. Einar Ottestad
Pain Management

Chronic use of any opioid medication affects the endocrine system.
This leads to depression and sex hormone decreases. Irrespective of any other causes, chronic opioids are enough to shut testosterone production down. This leads to decreased libido as well as ability to perform. The best treatment is an opioid holiday.

Dr. Einar Ottestad
Dr. Einar Ottestad
Dr. Danny Proffitt

In brief: Probably

Not listed in my resource as an issue but generally thought that if a drug is good for the mind it is bad for the sex organs and vice versa.
This is a potent narcotic and i would strongly believe that it could/would have some degree of sexual side effects. Consult a pharmacist/pharm. D. Or your pcp or addiction medicine doctor.

In brief: Probably

Dr. Danny Proffitt
Dr. Danny Proffitt