Is it possible to treat goldenhar syndrome before birth?

Dr. Jeff Livingston
In brief: No
Goldenhar syndrome is thought to be a genetic condition so there is no treatment while the baby is still inside.
I recommend you ask your obgyn for a referral to a genetic counselor who will be able to guide you on treatment options for this rare condition.

In brief: No
Dr. Jeff Livingston
Dr. Jeff Livingston
Dr. Troy Reyna
Surgery - Pediatric
In brief: Doubt it.
It is difficult to tell the expression of goldenhar prior to birth.
It varies from patient to patient, some mild and some less than mild.

In brief: Doubt it.
Dr. Troy Reyna
Dr. Troy Reyna
Dr. Richard Bensinger
Ophthalmology
In brief: Not currently
The defects in this condition are mostly cosmetic around the head , ears and neck.
They can be dealt with as needed as the child matures but there is no effective intra-uterine treatment.

In brief: Not currently
Dr. Richard Bensinger
Dr. Richard Bensinger