Is it possible to treat goldenhar syndrome before birth?

Dr. Jeff Livingston

In brief: No

Goldenhar syndrome is thought to be a genetic condition so there is no treatment while the baby is still inside.
I recommend you ask your obgyn for a referral to a genetic counselor who will be able to guide you on treatment options for this rare condition.

In brief: No

Dr. Troy Reyna
Surgery - Pediatric

In brief: Doubt it.

It is difficult to tell the expression of goldenhar prior to birth.
It varies from patient to patient, some mild and some less than mild.

In brief: Doubt it.

Dr. Richard Bensinger
Ophthalmology

In brief: Not currently

The defects in this condition are mostly cosmetic around the head , ears and neck.
They can be dealt with as needed as the child matures but there is no effective intra-uterine treatment.

In brief: Not currently